Thursday, May 28, 2009

Near the end (of school that is)

Each year in the Education Industry (yes I said it right) we go through this interesting transition. It occurs sometime around mid-May and lasts until mid-June. If you're keeping track, that means we are in the middle of it right now. This transition is that of ending up our school year and beginning our summer vacation.
In my 11 years of teaching, I have experienced years in which this transition is very crisp and clean on the last day of the school year and then the first day without children. Other years, the two seasons sort of blend together, making it difficult to do either of them well. This time around, it is very much blended together.
Some factors that have made it so difficult to continue until the end of the year are as follows:
  1. We are still going, even though June starts next week. Come on already!
  2. We got a break just a few weeks ago (N1H1, Swine Flu, Pig Flu, Pork-Rind Flu or whatever break we want to call it) with beautiful weather. Can't I just stay home and play!
  3. This has been the by far busiest year of any of the 11 years. Good.....but extremely, excruciatingly busy. It is just time for a break!!
  4. I am just overwhelmingly tired. Tired of waking up each day. Tired of having to think. Tired of missing my family each day. Tired of stress. And a little tired of people (actually, alot tired of that).

However, in spite of all of this, I will endure as I have each and every year thus far. We will make it to the end of the school year and this summer will be a great time of reflection and of planning to do it again next year...... Go figure!

God has blessed this year through the victories, the mistakes and even the annoyances. I am stronger and wiser than I was a year ago. He will always get the credit for the times that things go well. He always has a purpose for when things do not go so well. And we all annoy sometimes.

In the end, I must remember each and everyday, that I am truly blessed!!

But, I still can't wait for this school year to be over..........

Dueces,
mw

No comments:

Post a Comment