Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sons!!

I have some friends who had a first born son today. I am so excited for them. (Here's a shout out to the Fletchers!) This got me thinking about my two boys, James and Peter.

They are all boy, both of them. This evening, they had some sugar or something and were running around our small apartment in circles, following each other and yelling (and I mean yelling at the top of their voices) AUGHHHHHH!!! as they ran. It was both annoying and wonderful at the same time.

After a long day of work just after having an unexpect break and just a little taste of Summer Break a month early, the last thing I really wanted was noisy children screaming at the top of their voices. However, it was really great how they were interacting with each other. James loves his little brother more than just about anyone right now. Peter idolizes his big brother and wants to be around him whenever he gets a chance. (I know all of you older parents are laughing and saying, Yep, Yep, Yep.... that's what they do. But this is my first time and it is so much fun!)

The best part, though, was when they would be running around and then suddenly run smack into each other at close to full speed. Normally, a 22 month old child would be crying at that point. Not Peter, he just laughed and loved every minute of it. Then he'd get up and go again looking for more. Then, James begins to hide behind things and jump out to scare Peter. Again, normally a small child would be crying soon after falling face first on the floor from fear. But not Peter, he just laughs and gets up for more. They tell me that girls don't get so rowdy when they play, creating a little more quietness around the house. But I wouldn't trade my boys for anything right now. So, Jesse and Amy, I hope the same for you in a few years.

God has truly blessed both me and Lissa with our boys. I just hope I can be a great dad to them their whole lives. Especially, when they get to be big enough and I get old enough that they could beat me up without much effort.

waxler

1 comment:

  1. Lol. That's so funny Mark. I can't wait to see you guys this summer. I wonder whether Silas and Rose will interact like that. I guess it depends which one of them ends up setting the tone. :-) Glad you're enjoying your dudes.

    ReplyDelete